Monday, August 16, 2010

Module 12

How will you continue to learn new ways of doing new things?

I will continue doing what I have been doing and that is trying new things, searching for new ways of doing things through blogs, twitter, professional development, even from my students, my colleagues, and especially from our IT department here at ISB. The best way that I learn how to do new things is to explore and try them out all by myself. I am a tactile/kinesthetic learner who does things by doing.


What challenges do you predict for the 1:1 program?

I predict that we will have challenges in the first year with students leaving computers at home, forgetting passwords, breaking computers, not charging them, or forgetting them somewhere, they may even get them mixed up with classmates the same way they do with textbooks. Maybe an overload of printing. Too many accessing the net all at once. I predict that perhaps parents may cause problems with their children using the computers at home because of limited filters on the laptops. Classroom management will need to be very much the same throughout the whole Middle School and procedures need to be consistent. That's pretty much it except if the server fails, internet doesn't work. All I can say is be prepared with an alternative plan...ALWAYS! Anyway, it will be an experience to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment