Monday, July 19, 2010

Module 8 complete

I tried using Sketch Up, but I didn't have much luck with it. I've made a few building structures, but still can't see the people in it. I figured out how to choose the various designs for the house and tables and chairs for the patio. However, Sumo Paint went much better for me. This is a great tool which I can see students using to illustrate their understanding of science terms or concepts. Anything is possible with it. The picture below this post was created in Sumo Paint and it is showing Maine and all of my favorite things about it.

1 comment:

  1. Whenever I have trouble learning a new app, I go to Youtube and plug in its name along with "tutorial". Give it a go. Sumo Paint is pretty good, but the potential for Sketchup to develop the inner creativity and spatial understanding of our students can only be appreciated once you've given it a go. It's a platform our future engineers, architects, designers, scientists... will need to have functional literacy in to fully understand the scope of what they learn and to influence others.

    ReplyDelete